- Alexander, Jonathan, and Marcia Dickson. Role Play: Distance Learning and the Teaching of Writing. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2006. Print.
- Anderson, Virginia, and Susan Romano. Culture Shock and the Practice of Profession: Training the Next Wave in Rhetoric and Composition. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2006. Print.
- Barber, John F., and Dene Grigar. New Worlds, New Words: Exploring Pathways for Writing about and in Electronic Environments. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2001. Print.
- Breuch, Lee-Ann Kastman. Virtual Peer Review: Teaching and Learning about Writing in Online Environments. Albany: SUNY. 2004. Print.
- Coiron, Ray, and Marlene Asselin. Literacy, Libraries, and Learning: Using Books and Online Resources To Promote Reading, Writing, and Research. Markham, ON: Pembroke Publishers, 2005. Print.
- Harrington, Susanmarie, Rebecca Rickly, and Michael Day. The Online Writing Classroom. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2000.
- Herrington, Anne, Kevin Hodgson, and Charles Moran. Teaching the New Writing: Technology, Change, and Assessment in the 21st-Century Classroom. New York: Teachers College Press, 2009. Print.
- Hewett, Beth L. The Online Writing Conference: A Guide for Teachers and Tutors. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann-Boynton/Cook, 2010. Print.
- Hewett, Beth L. and Christa Ehmann. Preparing Educators for Online Writing Instruction: Principles and Processes. Urbana, IL: NCTE, 2004. Print.
- Penrod, Diane. Composition in Convergence: The Impact of New Media on Writing Assessment. Mahwah, NJ: L. Erlbaum, 2005. Print.
- Urbanski, Heather. Writing and the Digital Generation: Essays on New Media Rhetoric. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co., 2010. Print.
- Warnock, Scott. Teaching Writing Online: How and Why. Urbana, IL: NCTE, 2009. Print.
- Wysocki, Anne Frances, et al. Writing New Media: Theory and Applications for Expanding the Teaching of Composition. Logan, UT: Utah State University, 2004. Print.
- Carbone, Nick. TechNotes: Teaching Writing in an Online World.
- Warnock, Scott. Online Writing Teacher.
- Caverly, David C. “Techtalk: Teaching Writing Online.” Journal of Developmental Education 24.1 (Fall 2000): 42-43. Academic Search Premier. Web. 12 July 2010.
- Imig, Stephanie. “Innovative Writing Instruction: Writing Rewired–Teaching Writing in an Online Setting.” English Journal 99.3 (Jan. 2010): 80-83.
- Kim, Loel. “Online Technologies for Teaching Writing: Students React to Teacher Response in Voice and Written Modalities.” Research in the Teaching of English 38.3 (Feb. 2004): 204-.
- Vinall-Cox, Joan. “Teaching Writing in the Age of Online Computers.” College Quarterly 8.2 (Spring 2005): 7 pp.
- “When Writing Class Moves Online.” 19 Mar. 2010. Inside Higher Ed.