To complete the project, you will need to join the College Research wiki. (I’d recommend bookmarking the site.) Please create a username that is clearly yours. You’ll need to choose a password and provide your e-mail address, which I would recommend not displaying, and your first and last names, which are not displayed. You don’t need to complete the profile.
To write your review, click on the Easy Edit button at the top of the page and use the formatting functions as you would in a word processing program. You don’t have to insert tables, images, or widgets, so don’t worry about those functions if you’re not comfortable with them.
The only things on the review page that should be deleted are the instructions in square brackets. You will replace those instructions with the actual information indicated.
If you need help, refer to
- Instructions for the first week of the project
- This sample review
- “How do I change a page [on Wetpaint]?“
- “How do I add a link [on Wetpaint]?“
- “How do I spell check a page [on Wetpaint]?“
- “How To Edit on Wetpaint” (video)
- “Easy Edit Wetpaint Wiki” (video)
- “Basic Editing of Wetpaint Wikis” (video)
- “How To Edit a [Wetpaint] Wiki” (video)
Use the evaluation criteria discussed in class to help determine the grade you give your search engine or metacrawler.
Please don’t make changes to any pages except the one created for your review. (I’ll put the grades in the tables listing the search engines and metacrawlers.) If you do make a mistake or delete something you didn’t want to, it can be restored, so don’t worry.