During Unit 5 (Sept. 14 – Sept. 20), I
- wrote a blog entry about Unit 4
- read Chapter 3 of E-Learning by Design to be discussed in Unit 6
- completed our team agreement with members of our webinar team
- started working on a proposal for the webinar
- participated in a discussion of Chapter 2 of E-Learning by Design
- posted my “favorite” urban legend
- completed the weekly reflective survey
I also had to find a new webinar to “attend” so I could critique it. The one I originally registered for was rescheduled for the end of October, too late for this assignment. One of the instructors helped me find another one that fit my schedule. It was on a software package that allows people to keep track of books, articles, etc., that they find during their research and, apparently, create bibliographies. I doubt I could ever afford it. Also, I don’t really trust a computer to get it right.
If I hadn’t taken the time to put this information into this post, I don’t know that I’d remember what I did because I’ve had so much going on.
We’ve made a good start on our webinar proposal, which is due a week from today. The hardest part is deciding what we should cover about Second Life in 30 to 45 minutes. That doesn’t seem like a lot of time.
I believe I’ve mentioned this before, but a lot of what Horton covers in his book seems to be common sense, but it’s nice to have it all collected somewhere.