- what a thesis statement is (an assertion about the topic and a blueprint of the paper) and is not (a topic, a question, or an announcement)
- how to write a relevant, specific, and interesting title
- how to write a clear, effective thesis statement
- how to write an interesting, well-developed introduction leading into the thesis statement and the body of the paper
- how to write unified, coherent body paragraphs with clearly stated topic sentences and adequate support
- how to write a well-developed, interesting conclusion
- hot to transition smoothly between paragraphs and sections
- how to write grammatically correct sentences (no fragments or run-ons)
- how to use punctuation correctly
- how to make pronouns agree with antecednets and verbs with subjects
- how to write parallel lists and headings
- that first- and second-person pronouns should be avoided in academic writing (except personal and process essays)
- that contractions are not appropriate in formal academic writing
- how to freewrite and create mind maps (clustering)
- how to prepare a formal outline
- how to prepare a paper in MLA format
- what plagiarism is
- how to use basic features in a word processing program
- how to save a file as a different type
- how to upload or attach a file
- highly sensitive person
Websites (including Blogs)
- Black, C. I’ll Be in My Room.
- Cain, Susan. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking.
- Helgoe, Laurie. Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength.
- Kahnweiler, Jennifer. Quiet Influence.
- —. The Introverted Leader.
- Laney, Marti Olsen. The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World.
- Pastor, Joan. Success as an Introvert for Dummies.
- Petrilli, Lisa. Introverts at Ease.
- access economy
- circular economy
- collaborative consumption
- collaborative economy
- digital economy
- gig economy
- on-demand economy
- peer economy
- Aigrain, Philippe, and Suzanne Aigrain. Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age.
- Chase, Robin. Peers Inc: How People and Platforms Are Inventing the Collaborative Economy and Reinventing Capitalism.
- Cohen, Boyd, and Pablo Munoz. The Emergence of the Urban Entrepreneur: How the Growth of Cities and the Sharing Economy Are Driving a New Breed of Innovators.
- Ghosh, Rishab Aiyer. CODE: Collaborative Ownership and the Digital Economy.
- Howard, Billee. We-commerce: How to Create, Collaborate, and Succeed in the Sharing Economy.
- Kostakis, Vasilis, and Michel Bausens. Nework Society and Future Scenarios for a Collaborative Economy..
- Kramer, Bryan. Shareology: How Sharing Is Powering the Human Economy.
- Lansley, Stewart. A Sharing Economy: How Social Wealth Funds Can Reduce Inequality and Help Balance the Books.
- Stephany, Alex. The Business of Sharing: Making It in the New Sharing Economy.
- Sundararajan, Arun. The Sharing Economy: The End of Employment and the rise of Crowd-Based Capitalism.
Web-Based Articles, Blog Posts, Etc.