Search 4R x T
Tagsassignment blog bookmarking books composition elearning ENG 122 FA 09 ENG 122 SP 09 ENG 1020 FA 09 ENG 1020 SP 09 fantasy fiction Google Google alerts historical fiction humanities IDT internet research James Rollins literature metacrawlers microblogging mystery Ning novel online education poetry presentation Renaissance Island research journal RSS science fiction search engines second life SL-NET Sloan-C social bookmarking Steve Berry suspense teaching technical writing Twitter video virtual worlds wiki
Monthly Archives: May 2009
“Google Wave is a new tool for communication and collaboration on the web, coming later this year.” According to an article, “Google’s Wave Consolidates Core Online Features in One Tool,” on PCWorld.com, it “consolidates features from e-mail, instant messaging, blogging, wikis, multimedia management and document sharing.” For more information, see “Google Wave: A Complete Guide” at Mashable and the following videos:
Video: “Google Wave Founding Team Interview“
A Geek Chart is a web badge that shows where you share stuff online.
Each slice of the Geek Chart is a link to your profile on sites like Flickr, Twitter, Youtube and more.
The Search Engine That Delivers Exact Results!
Eccellio is a faceting Search Engine based on Google CSE, it aims to make you find a more appropriate result even if you are searching on specialized matters: it’s like Google++ or Google simplicity with one additional single-click.
innovative deep web science search
Search Twitter and Google Simultaneously
a bite of the blogosphere’s best
At OSTI, you can rapidly search science information and download research results using special federated search technology tools.
Companion website for NOVA show “Secrets of the Parthenon”
I started a Technical Communication twine. Please join me in adding useful links and information.
VisWiki is a visual, intuitive, and interactive web interface to encyclopedic knowledge/information, especially of Wikipedia. It is designed to provide a fun place to learn stuff in an efficient manner.
Wolfram|Alpha is a “computational knowledge engine.” It “is the first step in an ambitious, long-term project to make all systematic knowledge immediately computable by anyone.” To use it, you “enter your question or calculation, and Wolfram|Alpha uses its built-in algorithms and growing collection of data to compute the answer.” Examples of computations and an overview video are available on the website.
- “A New Kind of Science – Stephen Wolfram“
- “Stephen Wolfram discusses Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine“
- “Countdown to the Wolfram|Alpha Launch“
- “Wolfram|Alpha: Why Now“
- “The ‘Four Pillars’ of Wolfram|Alpha“
- “A Sneak Preview of Wolfram|Alpha“
- “Wolfram Alpha Review/Preview 1“
- “Wolfram Alpha Preview/Review Part 2“
- “Wolfram Alpha video review“
- AltSearchEngines > “A review of Wolfram|Alpha that you should read“
- ResearchBuzz > “Looking at Wolfram|Alpha: No Killers“
- Phil Bradley’s Weblog > “Wolfram|Alpha – computational is the key word!“
- TechCrunch > “Putting Wolfram Alpha To The Test: Not Super-Impressed (But Here Are 50 Invites)“
- CNET > “Wolfram Alpha shows data in a way Google can’t“
- Search Engine Land > “Wolfram Alpha Live Review: The Un-Google“
- Beyond Search > “Wolfram Alpha and Beta PR“
- Search Engine Watch > “New Search Engine Wolfram Alpha Launches to Much Buzz“
- Carroll, William. Self Publishing Made Easy. San Marcos, CA: Coda Publications, 1999.
- Fry, Patricia L. The Right Way to Write, Publish and Sell Your Book. 2nd ed. Ojai, CA: Matilija Press, 2007
- Poynter, Dan. Self-Publishing Manual: How To Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book. 15th ed. Santa Barbara, CA: Para Publishing, 2006.
- Rich, Jason R. Self-Publishing for Dummies. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2006.
- Ross, Tom and Marilyn. The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing: Everything You Need to Know to Write, Publish, Promote and Sell Your Own Book. 4th ed. Cincinnati, OH: Writer’s Digest Books, 2002.
- Sander, Jennifer Basye. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Self-Publishing. New York, NY: Alpha Books, 2005.
- Start Your Own Self-Publishing Business: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Success. 2nd ed. Irvine, CA: Entrepreneur Press, 2007.
- IBPA (Independent Book Publishers Association)
- SPAN (Small Publishers Association of North America)
- SPAWN (Small Publishers, Artists, and Writers Network)
- Book Marketing Tips and Book Promotion Ideas from John Kremer
- “How Self-publishing Works” on HowStuffWorks
- Self Publishing: How to Write, Publish & Sell Your Book or Ebook on the Web
- Self Publishing Information
- Self Publishing Information and Links
- Self-Publishing Review (online magazine)
- Self Publishing 2.0
- Small Press Blog
- Writing and Publish News from Matilija Presshttp://www.fonerbooks.com/cornered.htm